Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Work in Progress - And Happy Candlemas!

First things first.  I must include this secret code: MTYQKBTKV6HW so the Technorati wizards will know I am a real person.  Hopefully now I'm a somebody!

And now on to the art world.  A new fairy is emerging from the mist.  Thought I would show a rough sketch, then keep updating as I work out the details.  She will be in a garden surrounded by foliage and flowers.  I'm thinking foxgloves, though they will be a challenge!  Or maybe spikes of mullein.  Something spikey and some twining things, maybe ivy.  I've been wanting to try a green man, so as you can see, he is appearing on the garden pedastal.  And I will of course add in some mosses hear and there.  Hopefully my moss skills will advance another degree.

Happy Candlemas Day, which most folks call Groundhog Day.  Candlemas celebrates the return of the light after the long darkest days of winter.  Spring is coming.

No comments: