Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Grape Thief

While going through some old artwork today I came across "The Grape Thief", a very old collage I did years ago featuring many of my paste papers.  I was disappointed with it for various reasons.  The colors got away from me for one thing and the cottage doesn't look right.  But still, it has charm, and I couldn't bring myself to pitch it.  Maybe I will mat it up and offer it in my Etsy shop at a bargain price.  Some little girl might like to hang it in her room.  I do like the depth it has - how the stepping stones lead off into a wonderland of pink and green mountains.  And the dragon is quite handsome.

It's a day to stay inside and dream of far-away places while drinking licorice-mint tea.  Soon spring weather will return and I'll be busy as a bee outside, but today I'm happy to stay in, except for a brisk walk to keep my blood moving and a few trips to the chicken coop.

Easter is coming!

No comments: