Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

June Bouquets


Yesterday I planted snapdragons, feverfew (it makes a great filler for bouquets), two colors of rudbeckia and some dwarf hollyhocks that bloom the first year and hopefully will work for bouquets for the market. I plant Rocket snapdragons, mixed colors, that are tall and must have support but bloom their little hearts out in June and into July for gorgeous, sweet smelling bouquets. Later I'll be planting my other staples: tall blue ageratum that blooms from spring till frost, zinnias and many more I'll list as I plant them.


Other news: remember I told you that a secret world was about to be revealed? Well, the time has come. Welcome to Minglemist, wherein some acquaintances of mine, retired biology professor T. P. Dunlap and his young housekeeper-secretary, Madeline Brown, are at this very moment discovering dragons, fairies, nasty hobgoblins, elves, snuffleworts and many other interesting characters, including, of course, Robert the Onion Ghillie. I'll let Madeline take over from here, as it is her job to get the postings out to me.


ENTER!

No comments: