Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fairy Doodles

Fairies, black, grey, green, and white,
You moonshine revellers, and shades of night,
You orphan heirs of fixed destiny,
Attend your office and your quality.
William Shakespeare
The Merry Wives of Windsor.

Spring still has not fully arrived at On The Wind.  Outside chores must wait, as today it's sleeting with a biting wind. I scrounged around and found some fairy watercolor studies to post.  The wondrous thing about fairyland is it can be anything we imagine it to be.  Each person's imagination is a rich and boundless sea of ideas waiting to be made manifest, and I know no greater joy than bringing a character or a scene to life on paper.  Once the pencil begins to make marks on the paper, magic happens.  The results may not be what I anticipated; sometimes great surprises happen, which only adds to the excitement.  But always the lure of fairyland beckons me.  Maybe it's a sickness!  But I don't care, it brings me, and I hope others, comfort, joy and a sense that life is always surprising, always changing, always mysterious.

Here is a quote by author James Hollis that I love:

- “I have no vested interest in our becoming saner, or mentally balanced, or even useful to society. If you, the reader find a neurosis that works for you, and gifts others as a bonus, then ride it for all its worth. We are not here to fit in, be well balanced, or provide exempla for others. We are here to be eccentric, different, perhaps strange, perhaps merely to add our small piece, our little clunky, chunky selves, to the great mosaic of being.”

Till soon,
Heidi


   


No comments: