Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

New Mandala

The glue isn't even dry on this yet, but I had to get a picture up.  I'm so excited to finally be finished with it.  It seemed to take forever, but these things just won't be rushed.  It was meant to have butterflies in the corners but they just wouldn't work.  Plus my camera skills are just not adequate to capture all the wonderful details.

The diamond shapes around the circle are a chartreuse metallic color which I dulled down a bit with some burnt umber washes, as chartreuse is a color that screams!  But chartreuse it had to be.  I kept seeing it in my mind before I started this and had to try it.



Many layers of paint, sand and glue went into this.  I scrubbed, splattered, sponged, crinkled, tore and brushed to get the effect I wanted - ancient and rich with mystery.

No comments: