Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Bleeding Heart


Mother Nature speaks with many voices.  I can hear her best in still, quiet places, beside streams, in the woods or meadows, or raising her voice during a thunderstorm.  Twilight is a special time when the membrane between the invisible world and the visible becomes very thin.  Sounds take on a special significance.  The air vibrates with small whispers - nocturnal creatures are stirring, birds are winging their way to roosting places, a rustling squirrel sounds like an elephant!  You can feel a presence there beside you and your heart opens, wanting to communicate, wanting to share.  The sky is streaked with purple and a few last tinges of pink as the darkness falls.  Ah, the sadness!  Words won't do, feelings arise and float off into the dusk - to go....where?  Are there others beyond the veil, watching and waiting?  Do they share our feelings?  I feel sure they are there.  So I let my heart speak to them and hope that they hear.  And I try to hear them.  Sometimes it seems I do.  Thoughts come unbidden, thoughts I would never have thought of myself!  What a strange and wonderful world we live in, and how rich is the life around us, both seen and unseen.

No comments: